If you are a bareboat charter enthusiast, you will marvel at the 2009 Cruising World Boat of the Year. The US-based yachting magazine CRUISING WORLD has announced the winners of the Cruising World Boat of the Year 2009. Dufour Yachts, a perennial favorite among Mediterranean yacht charter customers has been rewarded twice!
The Dufour 40 Performance bareboat charter yacht won the prize for “Best Midsize Cruiser,” while the Dufour 525 Grandlarge is the overall winner in the category, “Best Full Size Cruiser.”
Known among bareboat charter yacht fans everywhere as the Rolls Royce of sailing yachts, the Dufour 525 combines sleek, elegant European styling by French and Italian designers with stiff, strong construction – making her a safe and fast blue water cruiser.
The topsides feature a low coach roof, uncluttered teak decks, dual wheels, a German mainsheeting system operated at the helm, wide transom, and electrically operated swim platform.
Below decks, the mood is light and airy with a mix of mahogany and lighter textures illuminated by multiple ports and hatches. The owner can choose from 8 different layouts that include three to five cabins with either a longitudinal or u-shaped galley. We feel the yacht charter marketplace will favor the 3 and 4 cabin layouts, as most yacht charter vacations are booked for 6 to 8 passengers.
On the water, a deep V’d hull design delivers a favorable compromise between sea kindliness and speed while electric winches let the crew trim the sails with the touch of a button.
The Dufour 525 is a sleek, classy vessel that can transport its passengers in safety and comfort anywhere its skipper chooses to sail, whether a Mediterranean yacht charter holiday or a Caribbean yacht charter vacation.
Dufour Yachts is a French sailboat manufacturer founded in 1964 by designer Michael Dufour. 2009 finds the builder fully commited to environmentally-friendly building practices:
* IROKO FSC wood: the company has chosen this wood for a healthy and durable forest management. By using FSC certified wood (Forest Stewardship Council), the builder supports a sustainable forest management to satisfy environmental, social and economic standards.
* New generation Volvo engine: the company installs latest technology engines which reduce emission of particles by 50%, while noise is being limited providing pleasure to everybody.
* Strong power alternator: the builder installs 115-140 amp service, to limit the time for batteries to refill and, consequently, to reduce the consumption of energy.
* LED Navigation lights with low energy consumption: to provide a luminous output (much higher than the traditional sources) that generates huge energy saving. (These navigation lights use less than 10% of the necessary energy to light a traditional source of 25W).
* Sea Water Foot Pump: to save fresh water resources on board.
* Injection/infusion Decks: the builder manufactures decks through injection/infusion to limit the emissions of VOC (Volatile Organic Compounds) and to reduce air pollution.
* System carburizing anti-overflow: to prevent spilling when filling in cooperation with the French Marine Federation (FIN).
* Holding tanks with a large capacity: to limit rejections and to preserve our maritime environment.
* Kit of biodegradable hygiene products: for a first gesture towards an eco-responsible behaviour.
Tags: bareboat charter, biodegradable hygiene products, Caribbean, Caribbean yacht charter, caribbean yacht charter vacation, charter customers, charter market, charter yacht, Cruising, dufour 40, dufour yachts, Eco-friendly, large capacity holding tanks, Mediterranean yacht charter, michael dufour, Rolls Royce, sailing, volvo, yacht charter holiday, yacht charter vacation, yacht charter vacations, yachting magazine
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!